Sunday, January 1, 2012

January 1st 2012

Today my best friend Courtney went back up to BYU-I leaving me all alone!!! but we had a great last night. I drank WAY too much martinellis sparkling cider. I love that stuff!!! hence my picture for today.


well one of them at least. The other is of The Book of Mormon, a very heavily discussed topic today at church. Most definitely oneof the best Sacrament Meetings I have been to in a while. I now have a new quote that I absolutely love :)

"He asked me how I was doing and I looked up to see his back turned, but I know he knew exactly hwat I was doing and it was not what he had asked me to do" - Brother Nally

This really made me think, how often to I take this approach with my Heavenly Father? How many times do I pray to him without first asking for forgiveness, knowing that he witnessed my sins, that he knows exactly what I am doing wrong. How often to I just pretend that it didn't happen? I need to start living in a way that shows that I have the Holy Ghost with me as a companion, that demonstrates my love for my Savior, Jesus Christ.

We also talked about the Book of Mormon, and what it holds in store for us. I have only read it all the way through once, and it took me a very long time, so now that the stake goal is to read it this year, I am so excited!

Three P's of the Book of Mormon:
Power - Most correct book, keystone of our religion, allows us to draw nearer to God
Purposeful study - Brings peace and light, shows us how to approach situations and life, teaches us to be Christ-like
Promises - Able to resist temptation, stay on the straight and narrow and gain eternal life




So today will be remembered for Sparkling Cider and The Book of Mormon. sounds like one of the best ways to start the year off!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment