Monday, January 2, 2012

The House of Dreams

Ok, so I feel that a warning for this post is necessary: It will be cheesy. but it is all true to what I have been feeling and thinking today.

Today I have been thinking a lot about how people get stuck with these titles and images. very high school like. If you are a jock in high school you feel the need to be so in college. If you were always that straight A student validictorian, that is who you feel the pressure to continue being in the ivy league university you got a full ride scholarship to. And not to say that these things aren't who a person really is, but that the image wasn't one they created for themselves. they were the canvas instead of the paper, the instrument instead of the musician. both of which are beautiful, but not their own. They allowed the world to paint and play them. That was what high school was for me. I tried sooooo hard to defy all the stereotypes, to go against what everyone was telling me to be, and I think in that time it was what I needed to be who I want to be now, but had I just listened to me, to my soul, instead of the silly games that people play with my head. I did stupid things in High School. Who doesn't? and it took those mistakes then for me to figure out who I want to be NOW. so it is a good thing I suppose. but I fear that most people don't ever get the change to get a new canvas and be the painter, or pick up the guitar and write a new song. I am one of the lucky ones, because I have figured it out. I was always the choir geek. Choir President, at least two choir classes a year if not more, every play/musical, drama club secretary for two years, thought that someday I would be on Broadway. I did it because people told me I was good at it, they encouraged me, they expected great things out of me. And I knew I could deliver, so I did. But it wasn't until this last semester in college, where I wasn't expected to produce greatness on the stage, or to lead a class, that I finally realized I didn't have the desire to be that person.

So today, I decided to persue a career in Interpreting :)

Now..... How in the world does this relate to my picture?????



Well, I have always had a deep fascination with this house, and at one time i know it was absoultely gorgeous. The architecture on the inside is so beautiful, and it saddens me to see what has become of it. However, it gives me hope. it shows me opportunity. This house is the way it is because that is what people have made of it, but the core of it is so much more. with the right inspiration and love and care, this house will be brought back to its full potential. Someday, my dream is to fix this house. maybe move into it, depends on where life takes me. but of all the dreams I have ever had, this is one I don't intend on letting go.


SO today will be remembered for dreams: past, present, and future. 

1 comment:

  1. I like the symbolism. Way to bring it home. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete