Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Dead Ends and Happy Endings

It has been a fantastic day :) and so I write this next post with hesitation because it may seem a bit morbid, but it just kind of popped into my head when I took my picture for the day. I have been trying to twist it in any way I could to make it a happy picture, but it was what hit me today, so I must post it.

There is a dead end sign right next to my house, because I live in a double cul-de-sac, and the sign is hidden in this big tree. I have lived in this house for almost six years now and I never noticed it the way I did today. It is so deceiving! I remember I use to get so frustrated because soooo many people would come into the cul-de-sac and just turn around.... because they missed the sign.... They didn't know where they were going and they drove right into the dead end. now fortunately for the reality of this all they weren't stuck there, but in a metaphorical way, how often do we walk right into a dead end because we weren't watching? we weren't paying attention to all the signs??? The ironic part is, there is a stop sign just a few feet away from this Dead End sign. Maybe, if we followed the signs and directions a little better and a little more often, we would see the stop sign, and actually stop, and observe, look both ways, double check, and then decide where we want to go, we would see the dead end sign and go the other way.




Just some food for thought ;)


NOW on a much lighter and happier note... I received one of the best emails ever from one of my missionaries. His grandfather passed away a year ago, not a member of the church, and a few weeks ago, he was able to do the work for his grandfather. I have never felt so much hope from him, from his words. and his testimony that he shared with me brought tears to my eyes. He has changed so much, and I am sooo proud of the man he is becoming. one more year!!!! No matter who either of us ends up with in the end, or where life takes us, I have a really good feeling that we will both get the Happy ending we have been waiting for.

So that was my day today :) It will be remembered for Dead Ends and Happy Endings!

No comments:

Post a Comment