Friday, January 6, 2012

Big Brothers




I was told by one of my coworkers, who has known me since I was born, that I am a female clone of my big brother, Josh, who also works with us. This is not the first time I have been told things like this. but it wasn't until I was looking at pictures of us when we were younger that I really saw it.

 

Josh Turley


Jessica Turley

Now, I know it isn't exactly a clone picture, but had I not been obnoxiously squinting my eyes, my goodness I would start to wonder. :)


Truth is, I really admire my brother. I don't think he knows how much I truly look up to him, or how much he has influenced a lot of my decisions, but he is one of my biggest role models. So when people tell me I am just like my brother, it means so much more to me than just looking like him. It gives me a sense of accomplishment. Like, I am doing an ok job if they think I am like him :) His passion for music is probably something that drove me the most, because music is such a huge part of me, and that came from him. He is an amazing musician and I only wish I could be half as good as he is. He also has a phenominal family. I absolutely adore his kids and his wife. Plus, Josh gets me. I can talk to him about anything, and I have! He has been through a lot of stuff with me, and more, he has always been there to help me, to protect me, just like a big brother is suppose to.

Now, if you are another sibling of mine and feeling a little left out, no worries, I still love you too!!!!!!! and there will be plenty of opportunity for you to get an entire post about you!!!!! :)


Today will be remembered for big brothers :)

1 comment:

  1. yeah...you better. :) haha, just kidding. I know what you mean though. That's why I was so happy to have a boy first, cause I want my kids to have a big brother like we did.

    ReplyDelete